Workshop: Banish Your Inner Critic
Overcome Self Doubt and Start Doing Your Best Work
Full Day Workshop
Does any of this sound familiar?
• You’re paralyzed by mental blocks as deadlines approach.
• You question your ability to learn ideas and technologies quickly.
• You doubt, discount, and kill your ideas before they see the light of day.
• You’re so afraid of being judged that you hold yourself back and don’t share your expertise.
My friend, you – and the great work that you’re capable of doing – are suffering from an overly active Inner Critic. Luckily, we can learn how to silence the Inner Critic to begin achieving our personal best.
The Inner Critic is the biggest barrier between the seeds of our brilliant ideas and the fruits of our achievement. It saps our creative confidence and robs us from the opportunity to excel at our work. In stark contrast, in the absence of the Inner Critic our creative confidence builds, enabling us to use our unique combination of skills and talents to solve problems that help people in both our business and personal lives.
In this workshop, you’ll learn techniques to silence your Inner Critic to overcome self-doubt, to stop committing “ideacide,” to get over the fear of judgement and feeling overwhelmed, and to become self-referential and trust your ideas and process. You’ll also learn a process for learning and applying new information quickly, methods to generate ideas alone and with others, and how to embrace your uniqueness and use it as an advantage in your career. Through discovering how to create the mental space and energy to begin to let our true talents emerge, we can get to a place where we are not only unstuck, but where we are finally able to start doing our best work.
Attendees will learn:
- • The 3 power practices that will transform how you relate to yourself and your creativity forever
- • How to transform negative self-talk into the positive and use it as a tool for success
- • Techniques to get back in touch with your unique needs skills and talents
- • How to generate more ideas than ever before
- • A powerful practice for building mastery quickly
- • How to move from debilitating and immobilizing comparison into action
- • Ways to work smarter (and not harder), and how to learn from critiques and setbacks
conferences and consults with companies worldwide.
As the Founder + CEO of The Creative Dose, she promotes techniques to unlock creativity and spark innovation in people, teams, and workplaces, particularly those in the tech world. She teaches game changing techniques for busting through creative blocks, developing clear and effective communication, cultivating collaboration, and up-leveling creative productivity. She’s all about creating real-world results where teams work better, produce more, and skyrocket their company’s success. Through speaking, writing, training, and consulting, she shares big concepts that challenge the status quo and lead to “ahas” that translate into immediate actions, skills, and new habits to transform all aspects of people’s work lives with focused creativity and improved productivity.
Working in Web Design & Development since 1997, Denise is an industry veteran and regarded expert on many things web. Denise is the author of The CSS Detective Guide, the premier book on troubleshooting CSS code; co-authored the Smashing Book #3: Redesign the Web and InterAct with Web Standards: A holistic guide to web design, and was nominated for .Net Magazine’s 2010 Best of the Web “Standards Champion” award.
Denise has presented at events and organizations worldwide such as Google, Facebook, Automattic, GitHub, the BBC, South By Southwest Interactive, UX Week, UXPA, Creative Mornings, The Future of Storytelling, The Future of Web Design, Inbound, and